Do you continuously examine ways to improve? Do you value collaboration, equity, and sustainability? Do you want to create a vibrant future for the community we serve?
At this progressive and innovative public transit organization, we believe in providing people with the independence to achieve their goals, creating a more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable community.
We proudly present this exciting career opportunity which offers an attractive starting wage, an excellent benefit package, and an inclusive, friendly work environment. Lane Transit District values diversity at all workforce levels ' women and minority applicants, including members of our LGBTQ community, are encouraged to apply.
Safely operate a transit vehicle while providing exceptional customer service to our community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely operating any assigned District vehicle, on a designated route while maintaining an accurate time schedule and providing excellent customer service.
- Providing information about Lane Transit District's services, bus schedules, and routes.
- Following state and federal motor vehicle regulations and Lane Transit District policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and collecting fares and checking passes.
- Announcing designated stops in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Lane Transit District's procedures.
- Communicating with other Lane Transit District employees regarding accidents, equipment or operational problems, situations involving customers or the general public, or any other situation requiring attention or assistance.
- Interacting with customers and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn Lane Transit District's routes and schedules, including learning the general geographic layout of the service area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and other Lane Transit District employees.
- Ability to meet the position performance standards.
- Sit and operate a bus for long periods with few breaks.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bend, squat, and kneel to secure wheelchairs and complete pre-trip inspections of vehicles.
Selected applicants will need to successfully complete a fit-for-duty screening prior to an official job offer.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- A five-year driving record acceptable to the District's insurance carrier
- Meet one of the two following requirements:
(1) Ability to obtain an Oregon CDL permit with air brake and passenger endorsements prior to beginning employment.
- (2) Current possession of a valid Oregon Commercial Driver License (CDL) Class A or B with air brake and passenger endorsements.
- Ability to obtain an Oregon Department of Transportation Medical Card prior to beginning employment
Compensation and Work Schedule:
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position, eligible for the regular union benefits package. The starting wage is $20.74 per hour, and the current top of the wage scale is $27.60 per hour. The work schedule for this position is determined by a seniority bid system and varies (days, nights, weekends, split shifts, and extra board assignments). To be considered for this position, applicants must be able to work any assigned shift.
How to apply:
Applicant review will begin on Wednesday, May 12, 2021. For additional information call (541) 682-6100.
The Lane Transit District is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.