Do you value collaboration, continuous improvement, and public service? At this progressive and innovative public transit organization, we believe in providing people with the independence to achieve their goals, creating a more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable community.
We proudly present this exciting career opportunity which offers an attractive starting wage, an excellent benefit package, and an inclusive, friendly work environment. Lane Transit District values diversity and strives to expand representation at all levels of the workforce. We welcome applications from BIPOC, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and veterans.
Under general direction, individuals assigned to this position will manage the ITS systems for Lane Transit District including the CAD/AVL systems, video surveillance systems, on-board annunciators, radio network, APC systems, fare validators, and other intelligent transportation systems (ITS) on LTD's fixed route, Bus Rapid Transit, and Paratransit fleets. It will also manage the systems related to service including real time sign systems, EAM (enterprise asset management) system, fuel tracking systems, GTFS data feed, and more. Responsibilities include establishing policies, procedures and standards as well as management oversight, troubleshooting, and training to ensure the reliable operation of all ITS equipment and applications. This position will also be forward-thinking, performing analysis and research on the array of new technologies such as Smart Cities technology linking on-board systems to infrastructure, collision avoidance systems, self-driving vehicles, etc. and assisting LTD in making smart technology decisions for future implementations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage design, architecture, troubleshooting, testing, analyzing, installing and correction of current CAD/AVL systems, radio systems, video surveillance systems, automated passenger counting systems, Fare Collection Validators, and other on-vehicle systems as well as digital signage and platform technologies.
- Work closely with Network Engineer to design, monitor, troubleshoot, and correct any networking issues in conjunction with LTD's stations and platforms.
- Provide lead in troubleshooting service, investigation of complex engineering or system issues. Work with vendors to escalate and resolve critical issues when necessary. Resolve troubleshooting tickets in a timely manner.
- Document design specifications, installation and configuration instructions, contribute to knowledge bases and keep logs related to system administration functions as well as maintenance and repair records.
- Represent LTD at state, county, and/or city ITS committees and planning projects.
- Oversight of ITS budget, forecasting, vendor and project management.
- Monitoring, trouble-shooting, and support of applications that support our Fleet repair team.
- Creation and oversight of process to evaluate, select, and implement new ITS technology projects such as CAD/AVL replacement, VoIP radio project, real-time signs projects, and more.
- Work closely with Fleet Management, Transit Operations, Service Planners and IT staff to support and integrate vehicle technology into existing infrastructure(s) and business processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with individual employees and before groups of customers or employees.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a timely and accurate fashion on multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to interact positively with a variety of possibilities internally and externally.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to be a flexible, effective team player and provide the best customer service to our internal and external customers.
- Ability to follow established safety and security procedures. Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Knowledge of communication hardware, software, operating system, security, capabilities, Characteristics and limitations of LAN and WAN.
- Knowledge of computer networking.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop OS.
- Knowledge of GIS, mapping, and/or location-based services.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job are acceptable, which typically include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems, software, hardware, or vehicle technology
- Four (4) years of experience within the Transportation Industry and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Three (3) years successfully managing complex projects, including vendor and contract management.
- Solid background in Information Technology.
- Expert in use of standard office software (MS Office), reporting applications, and analytical techniques. Experience developing detailed/extensive project plans and project documentation (in an application such as MS Project) preferred.
- A valid Oregon driver's license and a driving record acceptable to the District's insurance carrier.
Compensation and Work Schedule:
This position is a full-time, exempt position, eligible for the regular administrative benefits package. The pay range is between $64,761.00 and $98,856.00 annually, depending on qualifications. Work is mainly performed in an office environment during business hours and often includes evening, weekend, and 24-hour on-call duties.
How to apply:
Visit our website: http://ltdjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/. Submit your resume and complete the required application and assessments. This position is open until filled, with first review of applications beginning on May 03, 2021. For additional information call (541) 682-6100.
The Lane Transit District is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.