Do you like working in a fast paced environment?
Do you want to be a part of a growing family-owned company?
Do you thrive on building new relationships?
Do you enjoy solving problems, streamlining processes, and putting your creativity to work?
Do you like being in charge of other employees?
Do others consider you to be a good mentor or a coach?
Do others come to you for technical advice?
Do you adapt well and are you known to be flexible?
If you answered yes to these questions, your search for your ideal job is over. We want you to submit your application to have a chance of becoming a part of our growing nationwide company.
Position Primary Purpose
The Counter Sales Associate completes daily required counter sales functions to achieve company/department goals. Provide product expertise and/or technical help as needed for customer, including MSDS sheets and hazard identification and information features and benefits. Perform duties related to inside sales, including but not limited to customer sales orders by phone, email or in person, complaint resolution or referral to manager, credits, billing, quoting.
- Duties may include ensure showroom is regularly stocked and inventory is properly rotated. Process sales orders by phone email or in person, mix or tint paint, process will call orders from stock in warehouse.
- Provide product expertise and/or technical help as needed by customer, including MSDS sheets and hazard identification information.
- Recommends and answers customers' questions by telephone and/or in person regarding features and benefits of products, prices, availability and product uses based on customers' needs and interests.
- Perform duties related to inside sales, including but not limited to, credits billing, quoting prices.
- Properly handle any customer complaints or issues that occur and refer unresolved customer grievances to Supervisor or Manager.
- Write invoices and receive invoices to interrupt to fulfill orders for customers.
- Receive freight. Stock shelves, shipping duties for delivery of product,
- warehouse organization and inventory cycle counting,
- clean warehouse, vehicle maintenance,
- driving forklift, moving stock
- Forklift certification, proper lifting of heavy objects, clean-up of hazardous spills in a safe manner
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e. gloves, mask, etc.
- Process dead stock reports
- Interface with all branches and departments in a productive and courteous manner
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement.
- Promote Safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Safely performs these and all other duties assigned by supervisor or
- Consistently reads and responds to all correspondence, including emails.
- Successfully complete required training.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and work in other departments and locations as required.
- Insurance plans that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) / Roth with employer match
- Paid holidays and a paid time off program
- Educational Assistance Program
About Industrial Finishes
Since 1958, Industrial Finishes & Systems, Inc. has remained one of the nation's leading distributors of paint, equipment and supplies. Headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, the Company serves customers in the automotive, recreational vehicle, aerospace, military, marine and industrial/panel markets through a growing nationwide network of 35 distribution centers. Our customers are fun! They build award-winning hot rods, refinish aircraft and manage technically-sophisticated production facilities. Our suppliers are among the best companies in the world. We're on the forefront of technology that is driving our industry and is changing the world.