Do you value collaboration, continuous improvement, and public service? At this progressive and innovative public transit organization, we believe in providing people with the independence to achieve their goals, creating a more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable community.
We proudly present this exciting career opportunity which offers an attractive starting wage, an excellent benefit package, and an inclusive, friendly work environment. Lane Transit District values diversity and strives to expand representation at all levels of the workforce. We welcome applications from BIPOC, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and veterans.
Under general direction, this position acts as the liaison between business units and the IT department; completes business cases in support of projects; participates in or facilitates business process modeling and research efforts. Responsible for coordinating efforts of technology resources and identifying and escalating issues/risks related to technology/solutions delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
IT Project Manager
- Serve as project coordinator for in-house or vendor-based development. Formulates system scope and design objectives through research and fact-finding to configure vendor-maintained systems or modify in-house systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which vendor systems are configured and/or programs written.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Proactively engage present and future stakeholders in design, priority setting, and implementation.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Defines operational and business process requirements.
- Provides technical consultation and guidance to staff and end user workgroups on complex business systems issues. Evaluates existing systems and/or business needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes. Extends existing technologies through design, testing, and experience.
- Identify program and/or system errors.
- Provides client support including continual analysis of departmental systems with focus on adding value to all processes.
- Researches tools, methods, technology trends and/or vendors. Provides usability feedback in all products.
- Lead or serve on technical teams within the IT department which, through teamwork, contributes to positive outcomes for client departments.
- Participates in the oversight and/or implementation and upgrade of Application systems
- Authors release notes and supporting documentation.
- Communicate effectively with managers, technical, and non-technical personnel at all levels
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Act as a project manager and/or technical resource on various projects.
Associated Job Functions:
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Receive a cell phone stipend to be available for off-hours support.
- Receive a District issued laptop for use.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requires knowledge of the field of assignment and physical ability sufficient to perform thoroughly and accurately the full scope of responsibility as illustrated by example in the above Essential Job Functions of this Job Description:
- Ability to analyze ideas, products, and needs to produce technical recommendations for purchase, implementation, and improvement of software systems in context with the District's current and proposed business plans; prepare and present technical recommendations in written, verbal, and multi-media formats to audiences of varying technical knowledge and comprehension; negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to conflicting technical issues.
- Coordinate the design and/or support of existing interfaces between internal and external business systems.
- Ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn and evaluate new business processes.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Studies have shown that women and some marginalized groups tend to disqualify themselves before applying for a position if they do not meet 100% of the listed qualifications. We want to hire people who can do the job and encourage you to apply if you believe that your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience would enable you to perform the duties of this position as described above. The types of qualifications that typically would enable someone's success in this role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in technical project management required.
- Experience gathering and documenting functional and technical requirements for information technology projects and converting them into deliverables.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows programs including Visio, Project, SharePoint workflow creation and automation.
- Must have advanced skills and experience in effective oral and written communication including analysis, preparation and report presentation.
- Effective customer service skills, with the ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Certification as Project Management Professional preferred or equivalent experience in project management process.
Compensation and Work Schedule:
This position is a full-time, exempt position, eligible for the regular administrative benefits package. The pay range is between $49,407.00 and $86,348.00 annually. Work is mainly performed in an office environment during business hours with occasional field trips and evening meetings.
How to apply:
Visit our website: http://ltdjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/. Submit your resume and complete the required application and assessments. This position is open until filled with the first review on Friday, April 23, 2021. For additional information call (541) 682-6100.
LTD is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lane Transit District is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.