Do you value collaboration, continuous improvement, and public service? At this progressive and innovative public transit organization, we believe in providing people with the independence to achieve their goals, creating a more vibrant, sustainable, and equitable community.
We proudly present an exciting career opportunity which offers an attractive starting wage, an excellent benefit package, and an inclusive, friendly work environment. Lane Transit District values diversity and strives to expand representation at all levels of the workforce. We welcome applications from BIPOC, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and veterans.
Under general direction, individuals assigned to this position are innovative leaders with vision, technical knowledge and leadership skills to understand business needs and how technology solutions can best lead the District into the future. An ideal candidate would have five to ten years managing a service orientated IT team in an enterprise environment. The position requires using best practice procedures and frameworks such as ITIL and COBIT to maximize operational and financial performance for the organization. A history of technical expertise is expected over a wide range of technologies with a strategic mindset for the future. The Director of IT and Strategic Innovation will be expected to oversee multiple large scale projects and migrations simultaneously. A solid skillset regarding business continuity ranging from electronic to personnel assets. Experience in budgeting, certification or the equivalent experience concerning operational budgets, capital and grant funded budgets is necessary. This position is responsible for the oversight, management, strategy and execution of the technological infrastructure for the District's corporate and mobile systems. The director will also manage and guide the establishment of IT policies/guidelines. They will provide vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives that create value for LTD customers and business units. The director must ensure that the IT infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient and strategically sound. They must be able to build and maintain positive vendor and customer relationships. This position requires solid technical knowledge and skills in order to guide IT staff and lead LTD into a future with technology solutions that are efficient, effective and achieve District goals
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide overall IT leadership.
- Develop departmental budget and manage expenditures.
- Manage, motivate and build relationships with IT staff, including professional development.
- Manage hardware and software vendor relationships.
- Analyze business requirements of all departments to determine technology needs.
- Establish mission-related priorities.
- Participate as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Lead efforts to improve IT processes.
- Manage department contracts.
- Manage corporate licensing (Microsoft, VMware, etc.).
- Coordinate and lead projects to completion.
- Maintains primary responsibility for setting innovation and technology strategy for the District.
- Act as a visionary for business objectives both internally and externally.
- Lead a strategic ideation process to identify major focus areas to guide our efforts and investments, ensuring that the innovation delivers high value projects of strategic importance to LTD.
- Lead high-priority cross-functional innovation and business transformation projects to drive breakthrough levels of improvement in productivity, safety, and customer experience.
- Participate in the company's strategic planning process to define the vision and future state of innovation at the District.
- Develop and implement processes and tools to scan the external environment for opportunities.
- Proactively identify new and promising ideas, technologies and methodologies that allow us to transform our operations in alignment with our strategy.
- Develop and manage innovation idea generation so that LTD can access the best ideas possible to address our most important strategic imperatives while fully engaging our employees.
- Implement assessment processes and technologies that ensure that idea evaluation is comprehensive and data-driven, allowing for rapid decision making and ensuring that the best opportunities are pursued.
- Develop and implement new department processes and optimize existing processes to maximize value delivery from the IT system.
- Lead high impact, cross-functional innovation pilot and project teams of strategic importance.
- Ensure projects have detailed plans and that they deliver on their value proposition, timelines and budget.
- Maintain primary responsibility for setting innovation and technology strategy for the District.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
LTD incorporates the following technologies/concepts; experience with these or similar technologies is desirable:
- VMware ESXi/Horizon View (highly virtualized organization)
- NetApp storage
- Juniper/HP/CradlePoint networking and switching
- Microsoft Server environment
- Microsoft IIS, SharePoint, Exchange, SQL Server, SCOM, SCCM, Skype for Business
- Management of SSL certificates
- Aruba wireless
- Active Directory management, including DNS and DHCP
- Network topologies including fiber connected locations
- VoIP phone systems
- Theories, principles and practices of information systems, including advanced technology, systems, integration, state-of-the-art hardware and software systems.
- Applicable local, state and federal laws, rules and regulations governing information systems within a public agency environment.
- Long-range information systems strategic planning methodology and techniques.
- Modern management theory.
- Project management principles and application.
- Cloud strategy, architecture and technology adoption.
- Plan, organize and direct the work of information systems functions.
- Analyze situations, identify problems, implement solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- Oversee and manage large-scale projects serving a diverse group of stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Understand, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, budgets and labor/management agreements.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence.
- Interact professionally with various levels of employees, the Board of Directors and outside representatives.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Determine strategies to achieve goals.
- Plan financial and staffing needs.
- Make financial decisions within a budget.
- Apply LTD procurement procedures and contract administration.
- Assess emerging technologies and innovations and evaluate their application to solving District goals.
Experience in the following areas is desired:
- VoIP as a service (VaaS) and unified messaging
- Migration to a cloud first posture including identity management and security
- Microsoft cloud services including Azure, Intune, M365 suite administration and migration
- Microsoft SQL and data warehousing
- Virtualized environments using VMware architectures and SAN storage arrays
- Remote workforce deployments and support
- Metro area networks that include large fiber plants and interagency agreements
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job are acceptable, which typically include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business or a closely related field from a recognized college or university.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of IT Management experience.
- At least ten (10) years of total IT experience, including infrastructure management, supervision of a technical staff, architecture, security/compliance, strategic planning and budgetary responsibility.
Compensation and Work Schedule:
This position is a full-time, exempt position, eligible for the regular administrative benefits package. The pay range is between $89,132.00 to S118,842.00 annually, depending on experience and qualifications. Work is mainly performed in an office environment during business hours and may include evenings and weekends.
How to apply:
Visit our website: http://ltdjobs.applicantpool.com/jobs/. Submit your resume and cover let. Please complete the required application and assessments as requested. This position is open until filled
For additional information call (541) 682-6100.
The Lane Transit District is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.