We are looking for Painter's Helpers to prep the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces. Becoming a Painter's Helper is the first step in training to become a painter. Your job will be important since a great paint job begins with great preparation. An excellent Painter's Helper learns skills quickly, needs minimal direction, and works quickly and consistently. They must be reliable and deft, as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Make on-site preparations such as masking, laying tarps, covering fixtures, setting up ladders, etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint, power washing, etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster, spackling, caulking, etc.)
- Clean-up jobsites and equipment
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
- Progressive work experience or construction experience a plus
- Aptitude for using appropriate tools (masker, caulking guns, etc.)
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with attention to detail
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75lbs
- Must pass a Drug Test, including testing for marijuana, recreational or medicinal
- Must show up on time and ready to work
- Must give your best effort and work hard
- Working Saturdays and overtime is required
- Occasional overnight and out-of-town work required
$35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
8 hour shift, Weekends, Monday to Friday, Holidays, Overtime, Day shift
Health insurance, Paid time off, 401(k) matching, Referral program, Employee assistance program
Number of hires for this role